STARS (Students That Are Really Special)
Shining STARS (Students That Are Really Special)
Students with special needs deserve special programs and at the JCC, we’re committed to offering a support system as well as ongoing programming for the STARS in our community.
STARS Family Resource Center is a clearinghouse for families with special needs. Here parent can get guidance to help them navigate their child’s academic, behavioral and social experiences.
Sunday STARS is a monthly program featuring a fun activity like ga-ga, yoga and games, just to name a few. Students with special needs are individually matched with teenage community volunteers who are committed to bonding with the special needs student and forming a friendship as they get together at these ongoing events. Supervised by the JCC’s professional, highly trained and experienced staff, the STARS are fully integrated into a program that allows them to socialize, interact and have fun with an engaged group of volunteer teens.
STARS Tutoring Center-an ongoing program where STARS can regularly meet with a member of our Special Education staff for extra help in all academic areas.
For more information about the STARS programs contact Jody Margolis, Special Needs Director at 414-967-8206.
UPCOMING PROGRAMS - See the current program guide for ongoing STARS classes and opportunities
- Sunday STARS - December 14 at 2:45 PM - Click here for a printable registration form
- Sunday STARS - January 25 at 2:45 PM - printable registration form coming soon
- Sunday STARS - February 22 at 2:45 PM - printable registration form coming soon
- Upstream Arts: Art of Play - February 23-26 at 4:30 PM - more information coming soon
- Upstream Arts: The Art of Social Skills - February 23-26 at 5:30 PM - more information coming soon
- Sunday STARS - March 8 at 2:45 PM - printable registration form coming soon
If you have questions, contact Jody Margolis, Special Needs Coordinator at the JCC at 414-967-8206.