Babysitters and Nannies
A family can request an extra card for use by their family babysitter. The Babysitter card is not associated with a specific individual – it is a generic card that refers to an extra person on the membership called the (family name) Babysitter. The purpose of the extra card is so that the parents can send someone else with their child(ren) and the person doesn’t have to pay a guest fee. This can also be used to bring a “mother’s helper”, even when the parent is present. There is no picture taken with the Babysitter card, because it may be used by any person designated by the parents, and that may be several different people. Note: A Babysitter does not have usage privileges when not with the children.
A family with a permanent full-time Nanny may purchase a reduced rate membership for their employee. The cost of the membership is $240 for the year and must be paid in full at the time of purchase. If the Nanny comes in to purchase the membership, she/he must have a note from the family that is sponsoring her/him. The sponsoring family must belong to the JCC at the time of purchase and of renewal. The membership is a full-year membership with general Individual Adult privileges. At each renewal the sponsoring family will be sent a note asking if the Nanny is still their employee. If the Nanny changes (a new person is hired to replace the old one), the new Nanny may be substituted onto the membership. A new membership card will be issued and a new photo will be taken.
Members may only be let out of their annual contract mid-year without financial obligation for the following reasons:
1. Medical cancellation. A doctor’s letter must accompany this request stating that the member cannot physically use our facility due to a medical problem.
2. Move outside the Milwaukee area. (Milwaukee area includes Milwaukee and all cities, towns or counties touching the border). Proof of the move must accompany the request.
Membership is a signed contract for a year. It will not be cancelled for any other reasons than those listed above. Membership fees will not be refunded for any other reason and monthly credit card or checking account drafts will continue until the contract expires.
If you stop payment on your credit card or check draft, we will send a letter of financial obligation to you. Legal action may be taken if necessary. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
Cancellations mayonly be done at the end of your membership year. You will receive a letter 30 days before your year end. This letter is a reminder of your renewal date. If you are paying by EFT or credit card and do not want to continue, you must send written or e-mail notice and receive a confirmation before your year end or you will automatically be renewed for another full year. You must notify us for EFT cancellation at least 10 days before the next draft date.
If cancellation is needed due to extenuating circumstances, situations will be considered on an individual basis by the Executive Director.
Children using the JCC
Member children under the age of 9 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult while visiting JCC. Member children under the age of 9 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult while using the pools at the JCC and at the Water Park.
Fee Adjustments (Scholarships)
It is the intention of the Jewish Community Center that no one shall be denied the opportunity to apply for a fee adjustment for membership. All requests for fee adjustments are handled on an individual basis. Please contact the Membership Department for a fee adjustment application.
The Harry & Rose Samson Jewish Community Center is a membership-based organization. Our programs and facilities are primarily designed to be used by our members, with limited access to guests for the benefit and convenience of our members. For this reason, we have established the following rules and guidelines:
- Members may bring a maximum of two guests at a time to the JCC. Additional guests may be brought with prior approval from the Health, Recreation & Fitness Department.
- Guests may not participate in or observe scheduled member-only Adult Basketball pick-up games (see Marcus Gym schedule for times).
- Guests must present photo ID to verify their identity and must fill out a legible guest registration card
- Guests must sign a conduct agreement and liability waiver before receiving their pass.
- Use of the facility by guests is subject to availability of space, with members receiving priority.
- Guests may only come in when escorted by or with a pass provided by a member or JCC staff.
- Local guests are limited to 3 visits per 12-month period at the JCC campus
- Out-of-Town guests (with address verification) are not subject to the 3-time visit limit
- Guest fees are $8 per adult, $5 per child, $20 per Family, $10 per individual Health Center visit
- Guest passes MAY NOT be charged to a member’s JCC account but must be paid for at the time of entry
- Each guest pass sold at the desk or redeemed by a Renewal Coupon is valid for 1 visit only
- Health Center guest passes may only be purchased by current Health Center members
- Guest privileges may only used during the hours of the Member’s privileges (VIP guests may only come Monday – Friday, 8am-3:30pm)
- Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult member while at the JCC. Prior arrangements for a guest under the age of 18 to visit as the guest of a member under the age of 18 may be made by an adult member of the sponsoring family by telephone. The adult member will be responsible for their child’s guest’s behavior while at the JCC.
- College students who attend out-of-town schools may purchase a 1-week pass for $15 (this may be repeated). College guests may not participate in or observe scheduled member-only Adult Basketball pick-up games (see Marcus Gym schedule for details).
Water Park Guest Rules
- Members may bring a maximum of 2 guests at a time to the water park.
- Members may bring local guests to the water park on weekdays only. Local guests may visit the water park as paid guests 3 times per summer, in addition to their 3 visits to the campus JCC. Local guests may not visit the water park on weekends.
- Members who have weekend privileges themselves may bring their out-of-town children, grandchildren or parents as paid guests.
- Anyone visiting from out of town who has membership at another JCC cancome to the water park on a weekend. They do not have to pay a guest fee when they show their other JCC membership card.
Membership cards are required for everyone 8 years and older. Cards must be scanned at the entrances to gain admittance to the building and to pass from the public areas to the fitness area of the J. Photos are required to be taken for the membership record of each member age 8 and older.
Non-Member Class and Camp Participation
The JCC offers many classes and activities for non-members. However, members receive enrollment priority.
Non members may attend a maximum of 3 classes per individual per calendar year (January through December.)
Non-member children may attend Camp Interlaken but must pay the non-member fee.
A child who is a member of another JCC may pay the member fee for Camp Interlaken.
Local non-member children may attend JCC Rainbow Day Camp, Aleph Camp or Gesher Camp but will pay the non-member fee.
Payment of Dues
Memberships are offered on an annual basis only. The yearly membership fee is due IN FULL either as a renewing member or as a new member. However, automatic monthly, quarterly or semi-annual payment plans may be arranged using a Mastercard, Visa or check draft. Late renewal is retroactive to the anniversary date.
JCC members from other cities will be granted reciprocity up to a total of 1 month. They should bring their membership card and/or a letter of introduction and we will issue an Extended Pass of no more than 1 month duration.
Refund Policy for Classes and Programs
Fees are due IN FULL at time of registration. If enrollment in a course is cancelled before the first class, a $5 administration fee will be deducted from the refund. If enrollment is canceled after the first class, there will be a 50% refund. There are no refunds if enrollment is cancelled after the second class. No fee will be charged for switching from one section of a class to another section of the same class. Preschool and Camp contracts state conditions of withdrawal. MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE.
A Snowbird option is offered for members who winter away from Milwaukee. Members may freeze their Individual or Family dues payments for up to four months by notifying the membership office in advance of their winter departure. The following conditions must be met:
- The member must be age 65 or over
- The member must have a regular Individual or Family membership (option does not apply to VIP Individual or VIP Couple membership)
- The member must provide proof of an out-of-state residence for the period that they are gone from Milwaukee
- The dues freeze does not apply to Health Center membership, which will remain in effect while the member is away.
For members who have weekend privileges themselves - their out-of-town children, grandchildren or parents may come as paid guests on weekends.
If anyone visiting from out of town has membership at another JCC, they can also come on a weekend. They do not have to pay a guest fee when they show their other JCC membership card.