5 Tips for a Healthier Thanksgiving
November 24, 2015
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, our fitness experts here ar the JCC came up with 5 tips to have a healhier Thanksgiving. Check out their tips below!
- Prevent over eating and drinking by moving your conversations away from appetizer and dessert tables and setting your drink down in between sips.
- Drink water throughout the day. Help cleanse the body by drinking 1 glass after each alcoholic beverage, 1 glass before dinner and 1 glass when you wake up on Friday morning.
- Stay active! Try a group fitness class at the JCC in the morning, take a short walk after dinner or simply stand more throughout the day.
- Bring a healthy dish to pass. Click here for some great healthy Thanksgiving recipe options.
- Prepare you meal safety to prevent food poisoning. Separate foods (keep raw meat away from other foods), wash your hands and food surfaces often, cook foods at a safe temperature, unthaw your turkey in the refrigerator and create a food schedule to prevent food from sitting out too long.
We wish you and your entire family a very happy Thanksgiving, and don't forget, that we are open on Thanksgiving day from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm!