JCC Covid-19 Response
As a community center, providing a safe and inclusive gathering space is among our primary goals – and we’re uniquely prepared and trained to ensure that experience even in challenging environments. We remain committed to keeping JCC programs and services open and accessible to the entire community, unless circumstances dictate otherwise, and will depend on the support of our community to meet that goal and minimize any service interruptions.
We’re pleased to share with you more about our policies and procedures – existing or new. We’re confident that, when we work together and openly communicate, we can ensure a JCC that remains healthy, vibrant, and open for everyone to enjoy.
- Fully vaccinated individuals may mask at their own discretion in fitness, recreation, and aquatics spaces; non-vaccinated (and otherwise at-risk) individuals are required to mask.
- Certain youth-serving areas of the JCC require mask wearing for all individuals – please check signage and adhere to the JCC’s Mask Mitzvah regardless of individual vaccination status.
- Before entering the facility, all members and guests will be asked to do a self-check to review their exposure to Covid-19. All JCC staff adhere to the same guidelines when reporting to work each day.
- Reservations are required for Lap Swim, Family Swim Time, Group Exercise classes, Family Gym usage, and individual Hoop Time in the Marcus Gym to ensure we can follow maximum capacity guidelines from local and State agencies and adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
- Attendants actively manage the Habush Fitness Floor and Marcus Gym throughout our service hours, sanitizing and cleaning all equipment between usage.
- Signs on machines notify members and staff as to the status of each piece of equipment – used and needing to be cleaned or clean and ready to be used again.
- Labeled bins are available throughout the fitness floor to place used equipment which will be cleaned by staff before returning to the clean equipment rack.
- Staff sets up all Group Exercise Studios prior to class with appropriate physical distancing and cleans the space and all equipment after.
- Sanitizing wipes are located throughout all facilities to be used by our members and staff as needed.
Scroll to read previous JCC Member communications regarding our response to Covid-19.
News & events
Spaces & Places: Mask Mitzvah Update
May 21, 2021 With the approach of summer weather and programs, we’re excited to be bringing you even more services, experiences, and value. It’s possible this is the most exciting summer we’ve ever planned for —...
Read More »