September Facility Access Updates
Facility Access Updates – Effective Tuesday, September 8
Over the past three months, since we reopened our fitness and aquatic facilities on June 1, our health and safety protocols have allowed us to return to safe, sustainable service in these core impact areas and meet our members where they are on their wellness journey. Taking what we have learned during this time, our staff team has recommended the following changes effective after Labor Day:
- With the beginning of fall classes, access to fitness and aquatics facilities will again be open to Community participants who will be required to show photo ID. In addition, Members will be able to invite guests to the facilities in accordance with posted JCC Guest Policies.
- Check-in and temperature taking prior to turnstile entry will remain the same for everyone entering the building. Masks continue to be required inside the facility.
- Based on an analysis of traffic patterns, it has been determined that the use of a separate exit is no longer necessary. Members will return to exiting at the turnstiles adjacent to the Peck Desk.
- Staff has determined that it is entirely manageable to maintain cleaning protocols consistently throughout the day. The Peck Entrance, and the fitness & aquatics facilities, will no longer close from 1:00-2:00 PM each day.
- As we get closer to the fall holidays, and the opportunity to begin a new year, please mark your calendars for upcoming facility closures listed here.
September Aquatics Updates
Our Peck Aquatic Center has remained the crown jewel of the Soref Wellness Wing throughout the summer, and lap lane reservations for our adult members have been a very popular member-benefit. At this same time, our families have been enjoying a summer at the Hy & Richard Smith JCC Water Park which will be open Labor Day weekend for the final 3 days of the summer (Sept 5-7). In order to continue to accommodate all of our aquatics users, we will be making the following updates this fall:
- Monday, September 14, we welcome our Member families back to the small pool in the Peck Aquatic Center (with depths of 2’6”-3’6”) which will be open for 30 minute family swim blocks with advance reservations. Groups are limited to 6 total individuals per swim block, and reservations can be made at jccmilwaukee.org/member up to 3 days in advance.
- Friday September 18, the whirlpools in the Men’s & Women’s Health Centers will be closed for regrouting.
- Monday, September 21, the General Whirlpool on the pool deck will be reopening for Member use. Capacity is no more than 2 people at a time, and there is a 10 minute time limit.
- The steam rooms and saunas in the Health Centers will remain closed at this time.