|Lizzie Kander founds the Jewish Mission to aid immigrants. The Mission is housed in the vestry of Temple Emanu-El B'ne Jeshurun at 10th and Cedar Street. Activities include sewing, cooking, manual work and "treats" for immigrant children.|
The Jewish Mission coalesces with the Council of Jewish Women and the Sisterhood of Personal Service to form the Milwaukee Jewish Settlement. The Settlement rents a house on Fifth Street and moves to a larger one in 1904.
|1901||Lizzie Kander publishes The Settlement Cookbook, based upon recipes Kander and others used in cooking classes at the Mission.|
|1911||The Settlement takes possession of the newly built Abraham Lincoln House, on Ninth and Vine street, forerunner to the Jewish Community Center. Activities include classes in English, cooking, music, nutrition, as well as a host of social clubs which meet regularly in meeting rooms.|
|1931||Proceeds from the sale of the Abraham Lincoln House and royalties from the Settlement Cookbook are used to buy the University High School at 1025 N. Milwaukee Street and form the Jewish Center. The new center is formally dedicated in March 1931. It offers a broad array of social, cultural and recreational activities for the entire community.|
|1934||The Jewish Center becomes a Milwaukee Community Fund (United Way) beneficiary.|
|1946||The Center officially changes its name to the Jewish Community Center.|
|1955||A lake side site at 1400 North Prospect Avenue is the new home of the Jewish Community Center. The move to the new location reflects the Jewish population's shift out of Milwaukee's inner city.|
|1966||The Jewish Community Center acquires property new Eagle River, Wisconsin, and begins Camp Interlaken JCC summer resident camp.|
|1968||The Jewish Community Center acquires property in Fredonia, Wisconsin, and creates Camp JCC day camp.|
|1987||The Jewish Community Center, continuing to follow the Jewish community's shift to the suburbs, moves to its new quarters at the 28-acre Karl Campus in Whitefish Bay.|
JCC purchases 73 acres of land in Mequon for potential future development in conjunction with the Milwaukee Jewish Home.
The Harry & Rose Samson Family JCC celebrates it's Grand Opening as it completes the Capital Campaign. The JCC also re-opens the Hy & Richard Smith JCC Water Park in Mequon.