Virtual Festival Help Page
To experience the Milwaukee Jewish Film Festival at home, all you really need is a ticket or pass and a desire to explore Jewish films from around the world..
That being said, we share these important tips and details below to help you have the best experience possible.
If you are still having technical issues after viewing the information below, please visit the Eventive Help Desk which includes access to Live Chat with a member of the Eventive support team.
If you have any questions about the Talkback webinars that go with each film, please contact us at email@example.com
Streaming Films on Eventive
Festival Pass FAQ
MANAGING YOUR PASS
- Login to your Eventive account here: mjff2020.eventive.org/login
- View your passes by clicking the pass icon in the upper right corner.
- If you see Details Needed in red next to your pass, click Edit Details to fill in information still needed for your pass, like your name or mailing address.
- Once you have updated your pass information, you are ready to head to the virtual festival. Click Watch Films to access the virtual festival or visit watch.eventive.org/mjff2020
- If you have multiple passes in your account, you can assign them to different people by clicking the gear icon to the right and then clicking Transfer Pass.
- You will need the email address of the person you are transferring the pass to.
- Once you submit the form, the recipient will receive an email with a link that will allow them to accept the transfer and add the pass to their account.
- Until they accept the transfer, the pass will remain in your account. Once they accept, the pass will permanently disappear from your account unless the recipient transfers it back to you.
- The recipient will then follow the steps above to activate their account.
Film Streaming Overview
There are a few options available for watching from your TV. We recommend heading to the virtual festival and watching some film trailers to test out your planned setup before the festival begins. Here’s how to watch a program on our virtual platform:
- Head to the virtual festival by visiting mjff2020.eventive.org
- Sign in to your Eventive account from the menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Catalog to see our full selection of programs.
- Click on the program you want to watch.
- Unlock with your festival pass or choose to watch one time for $12.
- The program will load and the video will start playing once you choose to play.
Below are some ways to try connecting your device to your TV. Keep in mind that the most foolproof way to watch films will be from a computer with the most up-to-date browser and operating system.
- Film Streaming to TV with HDMI Cable
Streaming Films with Apple TV App
Apple TV App*
*Available only for Apple TV models Generation 4 and higher.
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store.
- Search for the app Eventive TV and install the app. Here’s how to download apps from the App Store to your Apple TV.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask you for a code to connect to your Eventive account. On your computer, navigate to watch.eventive.org/mjff2020 and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- From the same menu in the upper right-hand corner, select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Apple TV.
Streaming Films with Roku
Roku (BETA VERSION)
The Eventive app for Roku is in Beta version and changes may be made to the app at any point.
- From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the Eventive channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2 *The channel is not currently available in the Roku app store, you must add it by visiting the website.
- Click OK when the BETA version pop-up comes up.
- Click Yes, add channel to add Eventive TV – BETA to your account.
- Check your TV to see if the Eventive app has been added. Select the app with your TV remote to bring up the Milwaukee Jewish Film Festival program on the app.
- Once the app is installed, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, navigate to watch.eventive.org/mjff2020 and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku.
Streaming Films with Chromecast
Stream directly from a tab in the Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. Note: At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad. Once your Chromecast is set up you can stream directly from your computer.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a guide on how to use Chromecast from your computer.
Streaming Films with Apple AirPlay
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same wifi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your Apple computer, iPhone or iPad, go to the AirPlay icon.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV.
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the program you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use AirPlay.
System & Device Requirements for Non-TV Devices
Macs: You can watch content on Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12 or higher.
PCs: You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7 or higher.
iPhones & iPads
You can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later.
You can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
Playback Troubleshooting Guide
LAGGING VIDEO & AUDIO
Here’s a list of solutions for various devices that should help fix playback issues.
- Make sure you have a fast and stable internet connection. You can check your internet speed here. Standard quality for playback requires at least 8 Mbps.
- If you are using AirPlay, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad rather than a laptop.
- If you are using Chromecast, make sure your device and Chromecast are on the same wifi network.
- Restart your computer or device, and TV.
- Reboot your internet modem and/or wireless router.
- Log out of Eventive and then log back in.
PROBLEMS STREAMING ON/FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- Confirm that you are not on a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Eventive’s content protection protocol does not allow VPN access.
- Are you logged into the correct account? Please check your login status at the upper right-hand corner of the Eventive window. If you are logged in, you will see a circle with the initials of the account holder.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and restarting it. Please also make sure you are using the latest, up to date version of a supported browser (listed above).
- Disable any ad-blocking software, browser extensions and/or plugins + add ons as some of these are known to interfere with website functionality. Once done, close and reopen your browser and try visiting our website again.
- If you are plugged into your TV via HDMI connection, try unplugging and replugging in the HDMI cable.
- Restart your wireless router or modem. Power it off, then wait 20 seconds and turn back on.