STARS (Students That Are Really Special)
Shining STARS (Students That Are Really Special)
Students with special needs deserve special programs and at the JCC, we’re committed to offering a support system as well as ongoing programming for the STARS in our community.
STARS Family Resource Center is a clearinghouse for families with special needs. Here parent can get guidance to help them navigate their child’s academic, behavioral and social experiences.
Sunday STARS is a monthly program featuring a fun activity like ga-ga, yoga and games, just to name a few. Students with special needs are individually matched with teenage community volunteers who are committed to bonding with the special needs student and forming a friendship as they get together at these ongoing events. Supervised by the JCC’s professional, highly trained and experienced staff, the STARS are fully integrated into a program that allows them to socialize, interact and have fun with an engaged group of volunteer teens.
STARS Tutoring Center-an ongoing program where STARS can regularly meet with a member of our Special Education staff for extra help in all academic areas.
For more information about the STARS programs contact Jody Margolis, Special Needs Coordinator at 414-967-8206.
- Save the date for Sunday STARS on February 16 and March 30 from 2:45 PM - 4:30 PM.
- Young Athletes, All children ages 2-7 are invited to participate in this sports-play program that focuses on physical, cognitive and social development through activities like walking, running, balance, jumping, trapping, catching, throwing kicking, striking, and advanced skills.
- Mondays, January 13 - March 3. Click here for a printable flyer.
- Art of Social Skills with Upstream Arts
- February 16 - 20, 2014. Click here for more information and a registration form (ages 8 & older)
If you have questions, contact Jody Margolis, Special Needs Coordinator at the JCC at 414-967-8206.